This post is the archived list of Leantime System updates throughout versions 2.1. For more detailed release notes, be sure to follow us over on Github.
Leantime v2.1 Stable!
2.1 Stable is out! Thanks to everyone who helped make this release possible.
- Multiple bug fixes #217, #216
- Russian translation thanks to a community contribution
- Partial German translation #182, thanks to @ramsonline
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Update de-DE.ini – fixed pw mail reset link by @b90g in #452
- Update class.editUser.php by @b90g in #454
- Added Hebrew translation by @yarons in #455
- Summation as floats by @ngblume in #473
- Focus headline when creating new todo by @hartigdan in #469
- Sanitize language ini files & align menu items by @hartigdan in #459
- Added missing month July in french language by @parazitenew in #458
- Adds Roave Security Advisories package to add security checking of composer dependencies by @toby-griffiths in #481
- 479: Adds support for reverse proxy protocol by @toby-griffiths in #480
- Fixes issue of priority not being set on ticket update by @it-mkl in #478
- Update fr-FR.ini by @mxlecanu in #482
- Fix Menu doesn’t have a scrollbar bug #485 by @mohabmes in #486
- Fix Multiple Stored XSS on featuers ‘Milestones’ , ‘Research’, ‘Retrospective’ and Stored XSS via filename when upload file by @noobpk in #505
- Improve fr-FR.ini further by @Beexx in #542
- Improve french translation by @misdirectionmaster in #517
- Use language variable instead of hard-coded english message by @Beexx in #541
- set UTF-8 for both SMTP and php Mail by @Beexx in #540
- Update link to ticket in email sent to users by @davask in #518
- Added resetting of ticketlabels by @SephGER in #579
- Issue 558: add discord integration by @emanaton in #664
- Add zh-CN and zh-TW Translation by @laozhoubuluo in #669
- 667: displaying the correct name and dates on discussion replies by @emanaton in #668
- support vietnamese by @yuvytung in #666
- Added ldap support by @marcelfolaron in #675
- removing grunt watch since it is deprecated and a security risk by @marcelfolaron in #676
- fix comment and ticket timezone issues with NOW() by @marcelfolaron in #677
- fix ticket count issue #656 by @marcelfolaron in #678
- Fixes by @marcelfolaron in #682
- misc escape issues by @marcelfolaron in #683
- fixing ldap issues by @marcelfolaron in #684
- @b90g made their first contribution in #452
- @yarons made their first contribution in #455
- @ngblume made their first contribution in #473
- @hartigdan made their first contribution in #469
- @parazitenew made their first contribution in #458
- @toby-griffiths made their first contribution in #481
- @it-mkl made their first contribution in #478
- @mxlecanu made their first contribution in #482
- @mohabmes made their first contribution in #486
- @noobpk made their first contribution in #505
- @Beexx made their first contribution in #542
- @misdirectionmaster made their first contribution in #517
- @davask made their first contribution in #518
- @SephGER made their first contribution in #579
- @emanaton made their first contribution in #664
- @laozhoubuluo made their first contribution in #669
- @yuvytung made their first contribution in #666
Full Changelog: v2.1.8…v2.1.9
- fix psettings bug #375
- fix configuration of s3EndPoint by ENV
- fix upload to S3 when folderName is empty
- feat allow path-style buckets instead of relying on default subdomain style. This adds new s3UsePathStyleEndpoint config variable and LEAN_S3_PATH_STYLE_ENDPOINT environment variable
- fix tinymce icon bug (#376)
- fix password handling on edit user
- fix broken UI #377
- fix PHP 8 compatability bug #391
- fix URL issue in new To-Do page subfolder installation
- fix #424 code renders in tinymce now
- fix #404 timesheet entries now show the correct type
- fix #378 To-Dos now show up after sprint deletion
- fix multiple sanitation issues
- update translation zh-TW
- update libraries
- feat ignore own account in email notifications
- feat added task priority
- feat new assign me link on To-Do screen
- feat projects in project assignment screens now multiline
- feat #423, #403 moving To-Dos in Kanban will now trigger notification and added to ticket history
Thanks to all the contributors:
antonanders, yokazek, jarscr, omaralghussein, jackylamhk, andyg2, NoobTW. JamieSlome
- Fixing UI Issues with 2.1.7
- Refactored psettings storage to remove dependency on psettings column
- Updated libraries
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, I am humbled by all the submissions. This was truly a community effort!
- Updated PHPMailer, Websocket Extension
- Added Portugese translation (thanks to @nikolasj5)
- Added French translation (thanks to @clementaf)
- Added Chinese translation (thanks @jackylamhk)
- Added Japanese translation thanks (thanks @lachelier)
- Added German translation (thanks @Skaldar)
- Fix: Ticket menu is active when in edit ticket mode (thanks @carsteneu)
- Fixed bug files not removed when deleted (thanks @santialsur)
- Fix: Ticket menu is active when in edit ticket mode (thanks @carsteneu)
- Fixed current project name not populated properly in multibyte character set (thanks @ilias-sp
- Feature: Move Menu Icon with logo (thanks @jackylamhk)
- Feature: Change order by new in edit user (thanks @carsteneu)
- Feature: Numbered lists in editor (thanks @LightTemplar, @carsteneu)
- Various UI updates around comments (thanks @carsteneu)
- Added backup script to backup db to S3 (thanks @jarscr)
- Feature: Project Portfolio view with a progress report of all your current projects
- Feature: Duplicate projects. Allows you to duplicate a project and all tasks, milestones, idea boards etc. This can be used to create project templates
- Fixes #274 Wrong validation value status in dropdown on research boards
- Fixes #272 currentProject not changed when editing To-Dos from MyCalendar view
- Fixes #271 Add more users link broken on subfolder installations
- Additional company name sanitation
- Limit password resets requests to 8. Counter is reset once a password was reset successfully
- Fixes #257 profile picture issue in comments
- Fixes #259 to-do terms search not working
- Fixes #258 filter bar not showing up even though filter is selected
- Fixes #253 plan hours and hours remaining support for fractional hours
- Fixes #251 cannot delete project and to-do count wrong
- Fixes #255 incorrect client name displayed on client showall
- Fixes #266 quotes in subtasks issue
- Fixes #238 base url on simple canvas missing
- Fixes #243 error in milestone duration calculation
- Fixes report milestones showing 0 percent progress
Thanks to everyone who submitted a bug report!
- Fixed bug in milestone & to-do progress, plan hours and booked hours calculation #243
- Fixed multiple URL bugs in sub folder installations #235, #238, #241
- Fixed client list URL label #236
- Added comments back to to-do email notifications
- Updated Jquery
- Remove password reset token after successful login
- Added CSRF token to profile pages
- Added additional security related http headers
This release contains security bug fixes, update is highly recommended
Leantime V2.1 Release! New makeover!
Have more ideas to make Leantime better? We’d love to hear from you! Send an email over to email@example.com and let us know.
We are incredibly excited to share our latest release with you! Ever since we open sourced in November of last year, we knew that a lot of work still had to be done to get Leantime to the next level. For the community and for ourselves.
Over the last few months, we have seen the community grow tremendously and received code contributions from over 15 contributors. You guys have helped find bugs, helped us hone in on new features and even helped get translations moving.
Did you catch that last part? Leantime is now available in 5 languages and there are more to come!
Not only did we update the system itself, we also set up more ways to interact with each other. Just one week ago, we launched our community forum. Alongside that, we revamped our entire documentation and made it available on GitHub.
We are humbled by all the positive and constructive feedback we received from the community, mentors and other companies and hope to continue growing this project with you! ???
Without further ado, here the overview.
The changes in 2.1
Improved Task & Milestone Management
We added a new table layout to the To-Do and Milestone sections that allows you to browse and manage your backlog more easily. In addition to sorting, searching, filtering you can also group your tasks by Milestones, Assignees or Sprint. You can also now export your To-Dos to CSV.
Leantime can now be translated and we have received wonderful translation help from the community that includes: Dutch, Spanish, Russian and German (~50%). If you would like to add a language let us know, and we’d be glad to help you get started.
Timsheets and timesheet management has been improved. In addition to the weekly timesheet view, you can now see all your timesheet entries in a table view and export them to CSV. Administrators have a streamlined reporting view and can also change individual timesheets now.
We added a new reports page that gives you insights into your Sprint Velocity as well as a cumulative flow diagram.
Security & Role Management
We took another hard look at our code security and role management system. One of the features visible to users is our new Two Factor authentication that you can enable within your user profile. We also introduced the Client Manager role that allows a user to manage projects, users and assignments for one client.
I mentioned our CSV import a few times already and in addition to that we improved our integrations with Slack, Mattermost and Zulip, so you will always know what’s going on in your projects.
Installation and Set Up
Setting up Leantime has never been easier. Our docker image accepts environment variables now and the installation routine is a lot more stable. You can also install Leantime within a subfolder of you domain space if you prefer.
Small fixes and improvements
There were numerous improvements that are too long to list, like drag and drop idea boards, advanced Lean Canvas functionalities, new dropdown layouts, mobile views, enhanced kanban boards, and the list goes on and on.
We hope you enjoy the new facelift and hope to see you in our forum for more news or to share a virtual coffee.
The core team at Leantime